Thursday, November 13, 2008

Look Fiber Magic

Okay so its not really magic but I think its pretty close. While browsing the thread for Huffles HLBOE thread I noticed that they were talking about the dreaded second sock. Kaae linked to a article on knitty.com that shows you how to knit both socks at the same time. I browsed it and thought there is no way my over worked brain will be able to handle that. But it has been bugging me, I've only made one pair of sock because I finished the first rather quickly and took over a month to finish the second (and now the whole pair is mia...grrr). So since I wasn't having my luck getting to sleep I decided to take out the yarn and needles and give it a try...one try never hurts right. Well...It turns out that it so much easier than it look, I cheated on the casting on (I think this is what made me think I couldn't do it) and I now have on my mini Huffle socks on my needles.

1 comment:

pren said...

wow! that is cool. i saw her talking about it over on HLOBES but didnt follow the link. what happens when you ge to the heel turn though? have you gotten that far. im just curious